Tuesday, March 25, 2008

CLEANING OUT THE FRIDGE

The other night at home I had to make dinner and I didn't really feel like making anything that took a lot of time so I looked in the fridge to see what I could turn into a quick meal. I found some nice portabello mushrooms and a couple of bunches of rapinni. That was all I needed to get started.

I stemmed the mushrooms and drizzled the underside of them with some extra virgin olive oil and sprinkled them with sea salt. Then I smeared them with some chili garlic paste. I found a container of sundried tomato paste that was almost empty, so I smeared them with that too.

After they were seasoned and smeared, I needed a chunky stuffing to top them with. I had some tomatoes and the last dregs of a roll of goat's cheese. That was perfect! I diced the tomato and spread it over the mushrooms and seasoned again with sea salt and cracked black pepper. Then I crumbled the Chevre over the top.

Now I reached for the last little bit of the bread crumbs I had in the cupboard and I rained them over the tomato and cheese filled caps. A quick drizzle of olive oil and away they were to the oven for a quick tan under the broiler!

Next I blanched off the rapinni and then sauted it in a bit of sweet butter and garlic.

I topped the rapinni off with the broiled mushroom caps and it made for a nice, light dinner. It was super quick and super easy! Oh...and super good!!

Good on ya!

No comments: