Wednesday, October 10, 2007

MY ULTIMATE DINING EXPERIENCE!





There are a lot of factors that go into great dining. Obviously the food should take center stage, but there are other factors that play into creating the ultimate dining experience. Music, lighting, decor, ambiance and great service are just a few of the essential elements. Good company, however, is perhaps the key element for making a superlative dining experience. Having the right chemistry amongst the people enjoined in the celebration of food and drink makes a great meal come alive and turns an intimate gathering into a truly unforgettable moment in time.

My own ultimate dining experience will remain with me forever as one that changed my life. Everything this particular evening was working together in concert to make it an experience that bordered on the mystical, and were it not for the evidence that remains in my life to this day, I would say that the entire evening was just a dream. But a dream it was not...and I'm happy to say that one sweet little restaurant played a significant role in making my dreams come true!

Lolita's Lust, is a small, slick little restaurant located at 513 Danforth Avenue in Toronto and is perhaps the city's best kept secret as far as dining goes. Lolita's is described as having "an atmosphere that epitomizes the highest form of passion, lust for food, wine and companionship." I can say that this is an apt description, and is even somewhat understated considering that I myself was pretty much blown away with how everything about this place worked together to make my time there the best single dining experience I have ever had.

Lolita's is known as being one of the best places to go for a romantic evening. This is true. The Bohemian atmosphere, hot colors and cool electric jazz swirl together to form a lusty, intoxicating setting that lends itself to long passionate kisses while lingering over a bottle of wine and a decadent dessert for two.

The food is excellent yet unpretentious, and being a chef myself, I appreciated the quality and care that went into each plate. We sampled the Grilled Figs with Gorgonzola Cheese, Arugula and Balsamic Reduction; Fillet of Beef with Gorgonzola Cream and the Seared Chicken Breast Stuffed with Spinach and Goat's Cheese with Sour Cherries and Sage Jus. For dessert we had the cheesecake and creme brulee. Everything was perfect!

The service was very attentive and considerate with an emphasis on cultivating a romantic experience. Our server was very passionate about food and wine and guided us towards a really nice bottle of Shiraz. His musical taste was interesting in that it reflected that of our own (smooth electric jazz with a Latin/African infusion) and surprisingly enough, was playing quietly in the background the entire evening.

Lolita's Lust truly delivered the goods the night I walked through the doors and sat down at the booth in the back with a very special person in my life. Everything was working together that night to make it a most unforgettable evening. And considering my company...it was to become my ultimate dining experience!

Lolita's Lust is simply amazing, so please check it out!! http://www.lolitaslust.ca/

No comments: