Friday, August 8, 2008

I HAVE MOVED ON


I thought it may be a good idea to announce that I have resigned my position as Executive Chef of Eaton Hall. I left about 6 weeks ago but didn't think it worth the time to post an entry about it here on Livingston Cooks. But today I realized that there are still some brides and grooms who look in on Livingston Cooks who have weddings coming up at Eaton Hall and I don't want them to continue to think that I am still in charge of the kitchen. That wouldn't be fair to anyone.

While I was at Eaton Hall, I met some good people...


...had a few laughs...


...and cooked some great food. The rest will remain a mystery.

I am returning to Eaton Hall to put out one final wedding banquet at the end of this month. I wrote a custom menu for one couple that I feel I must return to execute. I don't want to leave this couple high and dry on their wedding day. I'll be sure to take pictures and post them here on Livingston Cooks. I'm doing an Island theme.

Adios Amigos!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Their loss!

Livingston Cooks said...

Big time!

Anonymous said...

I knew something was off. I live in King City and had been there for my cousin's wedding back in March I think. We were back again recently and I am sad to report that the food was less than acceptable. Sorry to hear that you are gone.

C.S.

the Albino Bowler said...

Nicely done. I think back of the house folks are some of the craziest alive. I just recently wrote a post about one of my favorites (but in that love/hate sort of way), Chef Scary.

Livingston Cooks said...

C.S.

I don't want to say too much here on my blog about the shortcomings of Eaton Hall, but I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience since I left. Perhaps things will get better.

Marko

Livingston Cooks said...

Chef Scary:

I've known a crazy bar tender or two in my day as well, but it's a crazy business isn't it?

Thanks for the visit mate!!

Marko

Anonymous said...

If your doing a Caribbean menu, ill be back to check it out.

Gemma

Livingston Cooks said...

Is this the Gemma I know???

Anonymous said...

Hi, I don't think we have ever met. I live in Ft. Lauderdale Florida. I do love food, anything Caribbean, Cuban and especially Soul food. I'll be keeping my eye out for that recipe.

Gemma

Anonymous said...

just heard the news and i'm very sorry to hear. I hope wherever you're working that they appreciate your talent! In the front and the back of the house.
A fan

Livingston Cooks said...

Well...to be honest with you...there was little appreciation at Eaton Hall. I was duped into working there by an unscrupulous general manager. But I managed to get out of there in record time. I was there for 5 months.

Life goes on, however, and I learned a valuable lesson working there. But I also made some new friends and I'm grateful for that.

Thanks "fan." Whoever you may be.

Anonymous said...

I had my wedding there and it was a DISASTER. They rushed us out even though they promised us the venue exclusively. If I could only get married again, I'd do it far away from this place.... they ruined my day!
A disgruntled bride

Livingston Cooks said...

It really doesn't surprise me. Eaton Hall is a bloody joke and it's run by people who really have no clue what they are doing. Now the new mandate is to cut costs at all costs. The truth is that the management would like to wash their hands of the place but they have to run it as a part of the contract they have with Seneca College.

Too bad for you.

Marko