Just in time for Thanksgiving I offer you this killer pumpkin cheesecake recipe. Most people have had pumpkin cheesecake (it's been around for a while), and some of you haven't, but either way, I'm here to help you out!!
This recipe was given to me by my mother when I was in culinary school. She served me my first slice of pumpkin cheesecake and I knew it was a winner. I have served it at Thanksgiving in every restaurant kitchen I have headed up since. I really hope you will give it a spin because I know it will be a new favorite!
Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake
1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
6 Tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients. Press firmly into the bottom of a 10" spring form pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes and cool thoroughly.
1 1/2 lbs cream cheese
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
2 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp corn starch
1 Tbsp bourbon
- Beat cream cheese, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and whip until thoroughly incorporated.
- Beat in pumpkin, spices, milk, bourbon and corn starch until smooth.
- Pour over crust in spring form pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes or until set.
2 cups sour cream
1 Tbsp white granulated sugar
1 Tbsp bourbon
- Combine and pour over top of cooled cheese cake.
Decorate cheesecake with pecan halves and refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.