Tuesday, September 25, 2007

VEGGIES ON THE RUN



Sometimes...when your really hungry...you just want to eat whatever is handy. That's when I usually end up eating something quick, convenient and , perhaps, less healthy than I would like. I think we're all guilty of that from time to time. But because I try to eat healthy, clean, low-carb meals, minimizing shoving just anything in my mouth to satisfy my hunger is important. That's when speed saves the day!

I love fresh vegetables, and I try to include a lot of them in my diet. One thing I like about them is that they are quick to prepare. And since I don't always feel the need to eat meat, a big plate of veggies does the trick for me. I always know they are a healthy choice too.

Here is a quick meal I prepared the other night which is a simple combination of rapini, Shitake mushrooms, minced garlic, minced ginger, olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt and cracked pepper.

There is no recipe here. Whatever proportion of rapini and mushrooms you fancy will do. Just heat a few table spoons of olive oil in a very hot pan, add the garlic, ginger and sliced mushrooms and brown. Add the rapini and saute until slightly softened. Season with a squeeze of freash lemon juice, salt and pepper.

That's it!


No comments: